By Robert Porambo
Please be aware that the cold and flu season is here and we all need to be mindful so we don’t pass this around in the workplace. There are many actions we can take to help prevent spreading the cold and flu viruses at work.
Here are some common practices:
- Wash your hands and/or sanitize when needed
- Avoid contact with potentially contaminated surfaces
- Do not touch the face and hands of others (handshakes)
- If sick, please clean common areas after using the following;
- Copiers/printers or other shared machines
- Door knob or handle, refrigerators, microwave, coffee pot, etc.
- Phones, elevator buttons, other offices
- Following washing, turn off the faucet with a paper towel
- Dry your hands thoroughly
- Avoid touching your face, eyes or rubbing your nose
- Wash your personal beverage and food containers thoroughly
- Always sneeze or cough into a tissue or your elbow rather than your hand
- Use your best judgement when sick, so we don’t get others sick
Most important is to try and stay healthy outside of the workplace. Try to avoid contact with others that are sick so chances of getting a cold or flu decrease.