Posted November 29, 2018 in Court Updates
Los Angeles County civil eFiling is already underway. Civil Limited cases began permissive eFiling on 11/13/18. The county will implement mandatory eFiling on Monday 12/3/18 for limited civil actions and will implement permissive eFiling for Unlimited cases on the same day. Unlimited civil is slated for mandatory eFiling on 1/2/19.
What documents are exempt from eFiling?
Peremptory Challenges, Bonds/Undertaking documents, Trial and Hearing exhibits, Lodged documents
What are the EFM fees?
$2.45 Electronic Filing Manager fee + $1.75 Court Technology fee
You can eFile 24 hours a day. eFilings are accepted up until 11:59pm
The court is anticipating a turnaround time of 24 hours, however they have also mentioned eFilings can take “Two hours, two days, or more.”
What are the typical rejection reasons?
In addition to failing to follow California Rules of Court, rules 2.100 et seq., some typical reasons a filing may be rejected by the Court include, but are not limited to:
• Multiple filing documents are submitted as a single Filing Document Name (i.e., the cover sheet should be a separate PDF)
• Incorrect Filing Document Name is selected
• Incorrect court location is selected
• Incorrect case type is selected
• Incorrect payment account option is selected (e.g., fee waiver)
• Party’s name does not match the party’s name listed on the document for initial documents
• Party’s address does not match the party’s address listed on the document for initial documents
• Missing required documents
• Missing required information