No Other Body Of Legal Support Professionals In The U.S. Has Your Back Like CALSPro
Posted April 12, 2018 in Membership
By Kristian Pujol, Membership Committee Chair
Thank you for your CALSPro Membership! Whether you are an Active, Independent Contractor, Out-of-State Associate, Vendor or Supporting member, the Membership Committee would like to thank you for making a wise choice and investing into your business! The Process Serving, Court Services, and Photocopy Industries in California rely on all of our support to CALSPro! It is of paramount importance!
Membership Update for 2018 First Quarter:
The short is that we are in dire need of more active members to keep our association afloat! For the past decade or so, our venerated CALSPro has suffered ongoing attrition due to changing conditions in our industry, new delivery methods such as electronic transmissions, e-pouches, e-filing and, and simply put (but misconceived), more “competition.” The irony is that while other organizations are growing in size nationally because of their broader base, none of them truly “competes” with CALSPro or comes remotely close to what our association’s main functionality is: legislative advocacy in Sacramento.
No other body of legal support professionals in the U.S. has your back like CALSPro.
Legislative advocacy and protection is our bread and butter, and we will not survive without it. Tell me. What good is advertising our businesses in New York or Colorado, if our California laws change to allow for service of process by mail or email? Our industry, as we know it, would quickly cease to exist. We cannot allow collection companies (which have proposed these “mail bills” 11 times in the past 20 years — which CALSPro defeated) to eliminate the need for service of process, or ROI companies to strengthen, proliferate and continue charging unreasonably excessive fees, or out-of-state conglomerates to waltz into our California Court System uninhibited!
Simply put, we need CALSPro to defend ourselves legislatively and secure our present and future businesses!
But we cannot rely on CALSPro to do it all for us! Everyone must pitch in. Big companies can afford to have several active members, while smaller ones, just one or two. The more independent contractors we have as members, the better, and the more diverse voices our association will represent. We cannot rely on just a few companies to continue sustaining CALSPro’s efforts, but if we do, we cannot complain when our association only represents the interest of a few elite companies. On the other hand, if our association grows in membership size and makeup, it will inevitably represent the interests of many individuals and types of companies throughout our state and continue to be the flagship for other state organizations to follow.
There is strength in numbers
The more members we have, the more challenges will be able to tackle. Furthermore, as we expand, every type of member shall reap more benefits. There will be more members to advertise to, more members to network and exchange work with (statewide and nationwide), more opportunities and incentives for vendors to join, more vendor discounts, more profits, and more self-sustainability for our association overall. We all win!
It starts with you!
If you exchange work with affiliates, ask them if they are CALSPro members and if they would like to join?
If you are a photocopy company: please join our association and encourage other ones you know to join as well!
If you are an attorney service of significant size, sign several managers or employees as active members so that they can also get discounts on CCPS certifications and educational seminars (which are now being offered online to all our members).
If you are a vendor, such as a software or hardware company or insurance or bond company, become a CALSPro member and help support and keep the businesses that drive our legal industry we all share and depend upon, stay in business!
The time is now! Its low tide and we need to ensure CALSPro is there to help us ride the incoming wave of the future.
What YOU can do to increase membership:
- Join CALSPro
- Add an additional active membership to your company
- Let Independent Contractors know about our new IC Membership
- Tell affiliates you work with to join CALSPro if they are not already members
- Propose a vendor membership to vendors you are in contact with (software, bonds, office supplies, etc.)
- Pitch joining CALSPro to out-of-state affiliates when you contract them (just 1 or 2 jobs will pay for a $100.00 annual membership itself)
- Share blogs, newsletters, and information received with other affiliates so they see an instant value in membership
- Attend CALSPro CCPS seminars
- Contact your Area Governor and attend CALSPro functions
- Encourage your staff, process servers, and ICs to use the CALSPro Mobile App!
What CALSPro is doing to increase membership:
- Membership Committee Outreach
- Created Legislative Photocopy Committee
- Contacting Photocopy Companies
- Contacting NAPPS Members
- Attending NAPPS Annual Conference
- Sending out e-blasts to prospective members
- Amassing county lists of Registered Process Servers in CA
- Gathering Private Investigator contacts
- Reaching out to Vendors
- Online searches for all types of potential memberships
- Contacting active members and vendors for sponsorships
- Area Governor Program outreach to members and families