Posted October 30, 2017 in Uncategorized
You work hard all year meeting court filing deadlines, serving difficult papers, and managing your office staff. Sometimes you need a little break from the real world of business. Halloween is the perfect opportunity to let your creativity shine and have a little fun.
I recently read this article about the Dos and Don’ts of dressing up for Halloween in an office setting. If your office does in fact participate in Halloween festivities, you may want to review the list to save yourself from possible embarrassment!
From Diane Gottsman, Owner, The Protocol School of Texas
- Consider the Workday
- Stay away from Political costumes
- Keep treats Allergy-Free
- Offer to be part of the Planning Committee
- Be respectful of Cultural differences
- Inspire Fall Holiday Team spirit
- Choose a Distasteful or Racy costume
- Forget you have a job to do
- Make others feel uncomfortable if they don’t want to be included
- Put out Bloody, Ghoulish or Gruesome decorations
- Use Noisy devices
- Leave decorations up after the Holiday
I would certainly add in the fact that you should consider your clients should you have staff members that visit your client’s offices to pick up and return work. You wouldn’t want an upset client calling you because your route driver scared a secretary half to death with their ghoulish costume! With these guidelines in place, your office can have a fun and worry free Halloween party.